May 30, 2015
This year’s Barcamp Tema will be the 44th Barcamp Ghana event being organized by the GhanaThink Foundation under the theme “Create. Impact. Sustain.” The event, which comes off at 9am this Saturday May 30, 2015, in Tema, will examine how ideas and solutions are created, sustained and impact on our community and the world.
The Head of Corporate Communications and Responsibility of Millicom Ghana Ltd (Tigo), Gifty Bingley, will be attending the free networking forum. Gifty, will be among the list of great mentors who will attend our Barcamp Ghana events across the country. Gifty is an accredited Communications professional from the Chartered Institute of Public Relations, UK, and has several years of work experience in both Journalism and Public Relations. She has worked with companies such as TV3 Network Limited, the British High Commission and Vodafone.
In 2014 she volunteered for the Barcamp in Accra as a mentor. For Barcamp Tema 2015, she will be offering expert advice on how small businesses can develop communication strategies that will help them grow. Gifty will also be sharing her thoughts on why she believes in digital transformation and how that can create change in society.
Under her leadership as the Head of Corporate Communications and Responsibility at TIGO, the company won the CSR Company of the Year at the recent Ghana Telecom Awards.
“I am very excited to be part of this digital seminar. Tigo’s ambition is to become the most preferred Digital Lifestyle service provider for Ghanaians and we believe in the enormous opportunities to keeping people confidently connected. Over the years our Changemaker programme has supported several young Ghanaian entrepreneurs to tap into the Digital world for the benefit of children and society. Our CSR initiatives are focused on Digital Inclusion for children in rural Ghana and we believe this will contribute to bridging the digital divide ensuring accessibility and affordability in deprived communities,” She said.
Barcamp Tema is scheduled for May 30th at the Rotary Centre (Club House) in Tema. This Barcamp will focus on sharing and educating on many tips and ways of being creative, sustainable and impactful with our ideas.
Barcamp will feature other great mentors such as:
- Annabella Boadi-Misa (Founder, ABM ART integrate)
- Kenneth Owusu-Akyaw (President, Aquimiini Digital Communication)
- Damiano Aubin Lantonkpode (Projects/Events Management Consultant)
- Crisswaddle R2Bees (Musician)
- Akumaa Mama Zimbi (Media Personality)
- Regina Agyare (Software Developer and founder of Soronko Solutions)
- Gameli Adzaho (Environment & Human Health Specialist, Blogger)
- Hassan Salih (Architect, Founder Mesh TV)
- Lucy Dede Asare (Chemical Engineer and Founder of Jollof Pot )
- Norbert Ambenne (Engineer, Writer)
- Nicholas Ferguson (HR, Construtora Queiroz Galvão)
- Akua Akyaa Nkrumah (Environmental Scientist, Waste-to-Resource Technologist)
- Jude Abbey & Jude Nyoagbe (3D visualizer, Graphic Designers Partners )
- Doe Y. Agbolosoo- Mensah (Corporate Strategist, National Petroleum Corporation)
- George-Patrick Bediaku (Civil Engineer, sports journalist)
- Frederick Tettey (Administrative Assistant Solas Enterprise) and MANY MORE.
Registration is free for every changemaker in Ghana – barcamptema15.eventbrite.com. Also follow updates on Barcamp Tema on Twitter – @BarcampTema #BcTema